Another year done. Let’s see how I measured up to the goals I set at the beginning of the year.
What I Did That I Planned
- 1 Draft “Meddling Gods” – No major draft really, but did 5 minor drafts, focusing on a different element each time.
- Publish “The Legacy Left Behind” as an e-book
- new story for Mormon Lit Blitz – “Daughters of Ishmael” which is now available as an e-book
- 2 new stories (or 1 revised story and 1 new story) for Writers of the Future (deadlines September 30 and December 31) – The two new stories are “Soulmates” and “Tattered Flower”.
- 25 rejections or pro publication – Hit 33 rejections, no pro publication.
What I Didn’t Do That I Planned
- 1 draft “Drifting in the Wind” – decided to trunk this story instead
- 1 draft “Lightning Born” – Didn’t work on a draft, but I actually started some prep work for the next draft.
What I Did Instead
- Rewrite of “After the Escape”
- New story “Subverting the Prophecy Subversion”
- Wrote poem “Whirlwind”
I’m surprised at how much of my actual goals that I accomplished. I guess I always think that there’s more I abandoned to chase something shiny, but that only happened once, and Lightning Born was always a stretch goal. All in all, a good year.