As I look at what I want to do next year, I thought I should look back at how I accomplished my goals for 2016.
What I Did That I Planned
- 1 draft “Meddling Gods”
- 2 drafts “Unstop the Wind”
- 2 drafts “Floating Island”
- Write new story to submit to Mormon Lit Blitz (“The Gift of Tongues”)
- Get more than 10 rejections or get something accepted for pro publication (Total 26)
What I Didn’t Do That I Planned
- 1 draft “Lightning Born” (this is becoming a regular occurrence)
- Revise something to submit to Writers of the Future Q1 V 34
What I Did Instead
- Revised “The Legacy Left Behind” and had it accepted at Flash Fiction Press
- 3 drafts of “Almost Sisters”
So pretty good for me. I’m a bit surprised I didn’t have more on the list of things I didn’t do. Looking forward to next year.