- The first 3,000 words. It was a really cool opening, but it was promising that the conflict was with the sea serpents, when it was really about the gods. I realized this after I’d gotten past it in v 4.0, so I decided to start all over again with 4.1
- The god-forged sword. It’s important in “The Gods’ Blessings,” but here it was just a MacGuffin that wasn’t even used.
- The epilogue. It was kind of boring anyway, since it was explaining why everything happened as it did. I replaced it with a scene in story, and it’s much better.
I like how it shaped up. But I’m still not happy with the main character’s arc. I’m going to have to analyze that after letting it sit for a bit.
- Started December 31, 2015
- Finished January 20, 2016
- 8,643 words (73% the size of v 3.2)
- 8 scenes (3 less than v 3.2)