Drones of a Fal’Cie v 1 is Done!

Drones of a Fal'Cie cover copy

This draft took a lot longer than I thought it would. The ending was hard for me to set up. I ended up having to throw away 500 words (an entire day’s work) because I’d gone down the wrong path. Because of the difficulty, I was having a hard time motivating myself to write until I started rewarding myself with multi-pulls from Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia for every 1,000 words or so. (I’m still using 4thewords, but the quests there have turned into grinding, which doesn’t excite me. Also, the monsters don’t seem to fit as well with my writing routine. Maybe when school starts and I have more uninterrupted time, it will be better.)

I am quite happy with the structure of what I ended up with. There’s still a lot to flesh out. I also worry about some things being confusing, but I don’t have much time for critique if I’m going to get this ready to be submitted by the end of September.

Stats:

  • Started July 20
  • Finished August 16
  • 1,406 words brainstorming changes
  • 4,949 words (150% of v 0)
  • 3 scenes (60% of v 0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *